The clinical and surgical services offered in the ENT Department span a range of procedures . The following services are available;
- Microscopic surgeries for ear drum repair and extraction of necrosed bones.
- Excision of the mucous membrane of the nasal sinuses.
- Excision of nasal polyps either through using fiber optic endoscope or microscopic surgery or with laser surgery assistance.
- Management of snoring or sleeping apnea.
- Fiber Optic Bronchoscope as a diagnostic or curative procedure:
· Lung cancer
· Lung sampling
· Lavage for the trachea & alveoli
· Bronchial sample to identify specific microbes
· Excision of nasal polyps either through using laproscopy or surgery
· Excision of foreign body
· Control of pulmonary hemorrhage
· Suction of bronchial secretions
· Intubations to save the patients in emergency conditions
Spirometer apparatus; is available for the following :
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases
- Bronchial asthma
- Assessment of the respiratory system of who exposed to community pollutions & follow up of their cases
- Reemployment assessment of respiratory functions